Annexation and Taxes
"WeAreDaytonToo" spoke with Tippecanoe County Auditor Bob Plantenga. Bob's role is as the Chief Financial Officer of the County. He and his staff are responsible for:
- Calculating property tax for all real, personal, mobile home, drainage and special assessment records
- Completing annual reports for review by the State Board of Accounts
- Controlling distributions of tax collections, special assessments, and special revenue collections for all units of government within Tippecanoe County, including the Cities of Lafayette and West Lafayette and 3 full and one shared school districts
- Creating financial statements for the county
- Handling all receipts and disbursements of county funds
- Handling all transfers of ownership of real property
- Maintaining property boundary information on the County GIS system
A question many of you have asked is, "Will this new development be an increased tax burden to the current residents of Dayton?” In a word, NO.
The end result is that the development is revenue neutral. Listen to the interview with Bob, Ron Merkel, and Lisa Stevenson. We hopefully addressed all your concerns.
We have also attached an estimated property tax impact of the proposed annexation to Dayton. If we missed anything that you would like to have addressed please let us know. We would be happy to get an answer from an expert to any of your questions.