This Day in Dayton, 28 January

A January fire in a vacant rental house at 289 Washington St. was likely started by a heat lamp placed in the kitchen by the owner to thaw a frozen pipe, according to the article in the Journal and Courier. The fire, which was put out in about five minutes, was confined to the kitchen and attic. The two-story house was, however, a total loss, said Sheffield township fire chief Perry Martin. (“Fire Destroys Vacant Dayton Rental House,” Journal and Courier, 28 January 2004)

Susan ClawsonComment