This Day in Dayton, 24 January

On January 24, 1859, Platt and Elisabeth Bayless sold lots 27 and 28 to the Trustees of Dayton Union Seminary, who were W. J. Snoddy, J. M. Bayless, Robert Baker, Samuel Davis, and John Royal, for $100. This was the second sale of lots for what would be the Dayton Union Seminary, located in the middle of the first block off of 38 on the east side of Washington Street. The picture is from the years when the building housed the carriage factory.

Susan ClawsonComment