This Day in Dayton, 16 June
On June 16, 1832, Robert Elliott signed a deed to John Kilgore, James Kerr, Samuel Elliott, “in trust,” for a small tract in section 33. This is the section where District School No. 9, Salem or Peters, was later located, south of Dayton. Perhaps this was the first deed for a school at this location.