This Day in Dayton, 28 May
On May 28, 1874, the trustees of Dayton Academy (G. J. Kellenberger, A. J. Bull, William Royal, William Fairman, John Royal, Jacob Kahl, B. F. Wallace, and John Browning) deeded the school property to Moses A. Lentz for $2500. N. H. Chamberlain signed the deed as President Ex officio and Francis M. Roth, Justice of the Peace, witnessed the transaction. (For some reason the deed was not witnessed and recorded until October.) Lentz moved his carriage shop into the former school building. Schooling in Dayton had moved to the new township school building known as the Tower School two years earlier.