This Day in Dayton, 27 April
April 27, 1899, Eastern Star Chapter #233 was chartered. Mary Hill was the first Worthy Matron; Irwin Peters was the first Worthy Patron; Associate Worthy Matron was Allie Baker. They held their meetings in the lodge hall, which had been built about 1896 on the SE corner of Walnut and Pennsylvania streets. The current lodge hall on the east edge of town, across from the cemetery, was built about 1962.