This Day in Dayton, 19 December

In December 1992 the Journal and Courier reported that the iron bridge east of Dayton over the Wild Cat would come down by spring 1993 so a new bridge could be constructed. That iron bridge was constructed about 1916, replacing the wooden covered bridge that had been in use since the 1860s. The first bridge was erected about 1840. Before that, the Wild Cat had to be crossed by means of a ford.

Susan ClawsonComment