This Day in Dayton, 15 October
In 1835 William Bush laid out an addition to the town, the first in five years. On October 15, 1835, he filed a plat for thirteen lots lying immediately south of the old town of Marquis. He added another street bordering these lots and called it South Street. Conjunction Street did not go through to South Street as it does today. Some time later it was cut through lots 10 of the Original Plat of Marquis and 7 of this addition (and the alley on the east side of these lots was abandoned) (Addition recorded Deed Record G, p. 2).